2017 Visalia DX Convention Contest Dinner
The Mother Lode DX and Contest Club is pleased to host the 18th Annual Contest Dinner on Friday April 21st, 2017 at the International DX Convention in Visalia, CA. Contest Dinner tickets are on sale now. Attendance is only via pre-paid reservations
and is NOT included in the convention registration.
No Contest Dinner tickets will be sold at the door. In past years I have tried to accommodate people at the door. I'm not going to be able to do that anymore. Please order your tickets in advance and avoid disappointment!
The dinner will be held in the San Joaquin Room at the Visalia Convention Center. Doors and checkin starts at 6:00 p.m. with light hors d'oeuvres in the dining room. Plated Dinner will be served at 6:45 p.m.
Note: if you are looking for the Dayton Contest Dinner, please go to www.contestdinner.com.
Menu: Champagne Chicken and Bistro Steak Combo, served plated
- Sliced Bistro Steak, served in a demiglace AND a Grilled Breast of Chicken with Champagne butter sauce
- Served with Roasted Red New Potatoes and Fresh Seasonal Vegetables
- Cranberry Spinach Salad, Assorted Rolls and Butter
- Chocolate Cake for dessert
- Freshly Brewed Regular & Decaffeinated Coffee and Iced Tea
- Vegetarian option available on request - Grilled Vegetable Lasagna. Please email me with your request at the time you order your dinner tickets.
- Cash bar available
Cost and Ticket Sales:
Dinner reservations are by pre-payment ONLY - no tickets will be sold at the door!
$39 per person with first-come first-served seating; however...
If you would like to reserve a full table of 8 people, you may purchase a special reservation for a donation of $40 to the MLDXCC. Please note that this donation is in addition to the dinner price. One table will be reserved for each donation of $40 - so please be sure you fill your table! Location of the reserved table will be "preferred" and assigned at the time of purchase on a first come first served basis. (If you have an opinion on what you would prefer please let me know at time of purchase.) And there will be a special surprise on each reserved table, donated by WK6I and Twisted Oak Winery.
Let me explain reserved tables again: If you want to reserve a table for you and your friends, pay the $40 donation and also purchase your dinner tickets (see below). Tell your friends to purchase their own dinner tickets. When you come to the event I will have your reserved table ready, in front close to the presentations. You get to decide who sits there (but please do your best to fill the table.) And thank you for your donation to the MLDXCC!
Seating is limited to 150, no tickets will be sold at the door. Ticket orders MUST be placed by 11pm PDT on Monday, April 17th, 2017.
See below to purchase tickets via PayPal or check.
Dinner Program: We are pleased to welcome "A Very Special Musical Presentation by The Pin One Problem."
We will also have a brief update on WRTC-18 by Chris DL1MGB, and there may also be a few door prizes…
Please read these notes before proceeding:
- You do NOT have to become a PayPal member to use this PayPal Payment system.
- The PayPal system will allow you to pay with your Credit Card or PayPal funds.
- Contact Us if you wish to pay by a check instead and we will give you instructions.
- Ticket orders MUST be placed by April 17th, 2017 - 11pm PDT.
- Sorry, but there will be no refunds after April 1st, 2017.
- You can check your reservation status here (PDF). (Note that this file is updated by a human [me] and may take a day or two. I'm not a contest robot!)
- IMPORTANT: Please print your PayPal receipt after submitting payment, or have an image of it handy on a personal device. I will have a list but I highly recommend that you bring a printout or image of your receipt to the dinner to get in, just in case. Your PayPal receipt is your dinner ticket.